I'm so mad at myself... for not leveling a tank job sooner! This might just extend my FFXI life a whole lot more. I'm a n00bie PLD that didn't have to endure the hardships before it got super-buffed, but, boy, am I glad I took on the role after it got suped up, with uber updates to the job. What f u n!!! I've had my PLD 75 for not even a month yet, and I've already tanked quite a few fun and challenging HNMs and grown into the job so comfortably!
Long live CinnaPLD!!! xD

Which brings me to another point. How can PLDs die?? Haha... ok let's deflate my dome a little bit. I guess PLDs that just go thru the motions will be brought down with the quickness. But in all the events I've tanked so far within the first month I've even had PLD, I can count the number of times I've died on one hand. Well, pair this with the fact that Dawn's healers are on top of their games. But, really, the job is just so damn [Incredibly tough] that you'd have to really try, in order to die. Anyways, on to some fun this week.

Tanking Proto-Ultima... 2 updates ago, I wrote an entry about the -Magic DMG taken% and MDB gear I have set up for occasions such as tanking this Bio-Weapon. I was surprised at the results. Well, not really surprised, but I was actually able to reach the cap for the damage that Citadel Buster (countdown devestation move) does to my PLD. Below I have 3 different CB scenarios.

▪ The first of the Citadel Busters that I recorded, I have no additional Magic Defense buff (lol I thought Saline Coat was AoE):



▪ Second CB, I am able to receive Shining Ruby (Carby Bloodpact) for a 10% increase in Physical and Magic Defense:



▪ The last CB that I ate to the face, my Rampart does nothing to lessen the DMG I take:


Updated Magic DMG-% setup, newly acquired Askar Gambieras enables me
to reach DMG taken -% cap (w/ Shell5), so B.Q. Ring replaces 1 Coral ring

Unfortunately, after dying mid-fight due to Terrorize and a coupld of crits by Ultima, I came back without a Shell 5 buff, so the 1083 cap DMG I took from Citadel Buster was all under my measly lil' Shell 3. The results are still pretty satisfying for me. Only 1 death due to an unfortunate Terrorize round whereas my poor veteran PLD homie Trixter lost 7000 exp (ya I'm talking shit on you). Sorry mang, I told you I ain't just messing around here! This past week Proto-Ultima wasn't all the fun to be had, either! Buncha Limbus/Dynamis on PLD and some long-awaited, fun Sea and Sky adventures!

Aside from my first Jailer of Temperance tanking, I did a pretty good job versus Byakko, which finally put out and gave me a mouthload of Byakko's Haidate!! haha... took long enough. Now my WAR isn't unbearable to use anymore, and my SAM is pretty much complete! Dawn's unlucky Byakko streak ends, the cat gives up his panties 4/5 times. I only co-tanked with Trix for 4 pops, as our new resident NIN/DRK came up a lil' late and wanted to get into the action too. Of the 4 sessions, I died once because of some slow Aerial Armors. ( yea yea... I wanted to PLD/NIN too but Dawn is too old-skool to get with the times and it's just an unthinkable task to have 2 Bards in a tank PT with PLD/NIN or NIN/DRK tanks... -.- )


new LS NIN/DRK pwning washed-up PLD/WAR Trix lol

So, with a brank-spankin' new tiger pantsu under my belt, I took my WAR for a spin in some Nyzul Assault (only 1 drop this week, an Askar Gambieras that went to waste) and a meripo where I let a Japanese RDM72 and his RNG72 buddy leech for some 20k+/hr EXPz. 2 BRDs ftw. Was able to get 2 upgrades in Rampart recast. So far have Sentinel recast maxed, Guardian @2, Chivalry maxed, and still debating on more Guardian or a Fealty (probably Fealty..)


new WAR set-up with Haidate!

Cosmic Elucidation is the new Darkness!


currently listening to: Tiesto - Adagio for Strings
PLUR 4ever! Don't stop the rave

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I think I've seen your chariot screenshot before, hmm o right, I have one too but with Freya's ledelsens... chariot never puts out...

    update your journal man, i need some fresh reading material

Post a Comment