Finally, we've gotten around to using up last year's Fanfest BCNM entry items. Just in time, since Fanfest '08 is rolling around. Too bad none of us this year even got a chance to consider buying tickets because they sold out so fast. At least last year a few of us got to kick it together, and even then, once I had considered to get tickets, those sold out as well. SE needs to learn to cater to their fans more. Anyway, we scored a bunch of BCNM-style orb items for 4 different battles. One was The Gathering Storm, an Assault style fight taking place in Mamool Ja Staging Point where you and fellow marauders plow through endless waves of weak-ass mobs a la the SM Assault Blitzkrieg (in fact, this one is probably easier than the normal Assault). We did this one a while back since it was the quickest battle field to get to. The reward for this one is one of my favorite titles: Bloody Berserker.

The other three fights took place in the Stellar Fulcrum up in Delkfutt's Tower. Since our Sunday nights are no longer occupied with Nyzul farming/climbing, we took a break from our new shift toward Sunday Salvage for a fun night of battles vs. NPCs we've only gotten to know through storyline cutscenes. The titles are pretty much the only rewards for the four Fanfest fights. There was one extra special reward that we were granted after the fight with the four Aht Urgan Serpent Generals Mercenary Camp, which is the screenshot above, along with the title, "The Sixth Serpent;" pretty cool.

Rughadjeen's Victory Beacon

This fight was probably my favorite, just because I liked the storyline behind the Serpent Generals a lot (one of my favorite questlines involves a bunch of backstory for all the Generals: "Saga of the Skyserpent"). Each of the Serpent Generals used their unique weapon skills that I rarely see them use in Besieged. General Rughadjeen's Victory Beacon showed one big "V." I wasn't lucky enough to capture any other General's weapon skills myself, but Cybaster took a screen of Mihli's Scouring Bubbles that looks pretty fun:

Seaserpent Mihli's Scouring Bubbles

There were no victory poses after the other fights, but they were still pretty fun. Hero's Combat (title: "Superhero") was a brawl with the lead male figures of the three nations: Trion, Volker, and Ajido-Marujido.

As you can see, Trion plays dirty!
Trion, you backstabber!

Heroine's Combat looked to be a little tougher than the male equivalent, but I guess just because there are four ladies to fight doesn't mean that they will be stronger than three guys! Needless to say... we raped em! =X





In recent Einherjar news, we've gone through our second and third Odins now. I'm really hyped about my new body Abjuration. Koenig Cuirass still looks hot after all these years! I guess I'll just have to kiss Dalmatica goodbye though, but oh well. One MP/tick Refresh is really not all that hot. I passed on Valhalla Helm because I'd rather have a Breastplate sometime in the future.

Three Odins now, but no weapon drop yet, and only one Valhalla piece. =(






Another one bites the dust!

More Samurai raves without the rants. Even with all my new escapades on PLD, my SAM obsession still continues. In my efforts to tweak out maximum performance on this job I've churned out another Relic-demolishing parse! Yay! This was my first time meriting with Spharai MNK. I announced I was parsing so I can only hope these results reflect all participants' top-notch meriting efforts. First name listed is MNK/NIN with Spharai and Shura Togi +1, second is me SAM/DRG, third is SAM/WAR Spear-spam with Engetsuto:



In a small sample size of all my recent SAM/DRG parses on Greater Colibri, I can safely say my WS average has capped out at a crap-tastic 830-840 average with 2x Minuets, spamming Meat Mithkabob. This seems to be as high as I can push it; it's been a small bump up from my old numbers but my new Orc helm and semi-new Usukane Hizayoroi has added some welcoming damage improvement. With a Minuet+Chaos Roll combo, however, I've been consistently pushing 880, granted, all these numbers are taken from numerous Greater Colibri parties and they don't have the highest defense to penetrate. (Current WS build)

I only have one or two large Mamool Ja (Tadjana Islet) parses on SAM/DRG so far, and the numbers are pretty underwhelming--just subtract around 100 dmg from the previous numbers lol ._. Haven't parsed with updated gear on SAM/WAR in a while, so I dunno how that stands currently. I most likely will not bother with /WAR until my Polearm setup gets some much needed improvement. Still, I've found using /DRG with my A+ weapon is so much more fun then Penta Thrust spam on birdies.

Anywho, looking over that parse I'm surprised at the Spharai's low Asuran Fist average. I don't remember if he kept up his food, because I think I've seen Destroyers putting out higher averages, but it might be because of a COR, I really don't recall. I don't merit with MNK companions as much as I used to nowadays so I don't remember a lot of those results. I've also heard that a H2H Relic's improvement over the next strongest weapon in its class is the smallest margin amongst all other weapons' and their correlating Relics. =( This parse isn't a blatant going-all-out MP sponging in order to win, either. I'm still courteous to my other PT members and do still manage to balance my Seigan and Hasso usage 50/50, as well as using a physical damage reduction gear set when needed.

So, the score's in favor of me, as follows: DRK defeats Amano & Apocalypse; SAM defeats Spharai! Yay. I really would like a rematch with that Relic DRK though. A little under 100 mobs might be too small a sample size to properly judge the results, and there was only one BRD in that party, with no COR to boot; weak merit setup to really parse and compare. Too bad I can't make a clone of myself, so I can parse my DRK vs. my SAM. I'm really curious as to which job can out-do the other; especially with some udpated gear additions that put my SAM in a much higher tier than it was before, I really don't know which, between the two, is more powerful in a merit setup. Okay, /endrave and /end e-peen stroke.


9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    so who was tanking more? that also affects the parse.
    Cinnabun said...
    Yep, tanking does fall heavily on a DoT machine such as Spharai MNK/NIN. Through my experiences in this parse in the amount of time spent under Seigan, etc., I would eye-ball it to be around 65/35 with the third melee not taken into account.
    Anonymous said...
    Well I think if he weren't tanking more. The parse might have been closer. Within 3-4%. Feather tickle and the mere act of casting utsusemi my lowers parses usually.
    Anonymous said...
    haha meant to say "lowers my parse"

    god i think i need to sleep.
    Anonymous said...
    His WS damage is really low. You were filtering his misses? If his Melee Acc was low(relatively) he'd be much better off using Howling Fist on birds.
    Cinnabun said...
    Yeah Razorcat I totally chalk up the large difference to the amount of Feather Tickles he must have taken. I noticed a substantial amount of times he would take hate back simply from meleeing after a WS from my part.

    I forgot to unfilter party members' misses, but from his gearset alone I would think accuracy is capped or close to capped in that camp; just a guess. Though I did notice those AF numbers were kinda low too.
    Anonymous said...
    With 299 H2H, +27 Acc, and +20 DEX he is looking at around 73% Acc on those birds without food or Madrigal. Even with the addition of Usukane Sune-ate his acc would still be below 80%.
    Anonymous said...
    Unless he was using sushi, his set up definitely is very poor accuracy even on birds, the main reason why he didn't do well.

    I also disagree with the tanking bit lowering damage substantially thing. As far as utsusemi goes, in a party like that with strong melees, usually a single Ni is required for each battle, hardly a time waster. Not to mention, DOT is actually a lower hate method than spamming high damage weaponskills, if not that, then at least similar. Just eyeballing who is tanking could be far off target, but I would guess Cinna was actually tanking more.

    -Wolf
    Anonymous said...
    P.S. Using dune boots with spharai is a horrible idea. With destroyers, fuma sune-ate that has your total haste end up at 25% is slightly better than dune boots. With a spharai, fuma sune-ate is a lot better than dune boots, since relic puts more power in your fists and adds nothing to improve your kicks.

    -Wolf

Post a Comment